‘New Jersey Home Help’ (NJHH) is a free service offered by the licensed and certified real estate
Some of the Assistance we offer include:
- including how much time they have left in their foreclosure and exactly how much money they owe.
- C ..
- Connecting homeowners to knowledgeable attorneys who will fight to save their home.
- C .
- Connecting property owners
They included the following situations:
- An elderly woman (and Widow of a war Veteran) in Montclair who was unknowingly in foreclosure behind a $1500 delinquent water bill. Once we spoke to town officials and explained to the homeowner what was going on, she and her Son were able to pay off the bill and keep the home.
- An elderly woman in Newark who was incorrectly told her house was lost to foreclosure and she had to move out in 30 days. This when in fact, she had not lost her home. Instead the house was in the beginning stages of foreclosure but she still had ample time to save it. We are currently working with a family member of hers whose eventually going to pay off the taxes.
- A Bloomfield woman who was recovering from Cancer and in danger of losing her home. We helped stop the foreclosure by helping the town see that she lived there, the house wasn’t “abandoned” and therefore it was improper to implement an expedited foreclosure against her.
- An elderly man in Irvington who was unaware that the town was foreclosing on his home. He was able to file bankruptcy and thus stop the foreclosure.
- One of our current ‘Home Help’ projects – A Newark-based Church who thought they were current on their property taxes. However, a missing quarterly payment resulted in them now being in tax Foreclosure.
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions to see if you find the information there.